Fresh Baked is our new video series where we hangout, get baked and create any number of things! This week’s project was a delicious, gluten free, lemon-glazed cookie made with homemade canna-butter. Recipe & video below...
1906 Bliss drops were the edible of choice for this springtime bake! A euphoric blend of three plant medicines and cannabis to promote extroverted happiness. Each Bliss Drop contains 5mg THC + 5mg CBD.
Future Fresh Baked projects will include cannabis libations, baking and cooking recipes, DIY craft projects and more!
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup (7-10 grams) of ground cannabis
The essential (and often missed) first step: Decarboxylating the Cannabis
Before making your CannaButter, you should decarboxylate, or “decarb”, the cannabis flower you’re working with. Skipping this step will result in a weak or inactive finished product. Here’s why: Cannabis buds produce a non-intoxicating acidic cannabinoid called THCA. When we smoke or vaporize cannabis, the heat converts THCA into THC, the molecule that delivers euphoric effects. If preparing CBD edibles, this same process should be applied. Some recipes may instruct you to decarb cannabis in the hot butter directly, but the less time you spend soaking the buds, the better your infused butter is going to taste. For this reason, we recommend decarbing in the oven first.
Decarbing the Cannabis
2) Grind. Grind the decarboxylated cannabis coarsely with a hand grinder.
3) Melt the butter. Add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of butter into a stock pot or saucepan. Simmer on low and let the butter melt. Adding water helps to regulate the temperature and prevents the butter from scorching.
5) Simmer. Maintain low heat (ideally above 160ºF but never exceeding 200ºF) and let the mixture simmer for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally. The mixture should never come to a full boil.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups Cannabis Butter (recipe below)
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2) To make cookie dough combine flour, salt, and baking powder.
3) In a separate bowl combine white and brown sugar, cannabis butter, vanilla and eggs.
4) Slowly add flour mix to fully-mixed wet ingredients and mix until well combined and dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
6) Bake the cookies until slightly browned, about 15 minutes. Remove the parchment paper with the cookies from the tray to a cooling rack and cool completely, about 1 hour.
7) Whilst cookies are baking make the Lemon Glaze Icing (see below.)
8) Once the cookies have completely cooled, ice them with lemon Icing.
Lemon Icing Ingredients
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cannabis butter
- Zest from lemon
Follow us on social media, YouTube and right here on our blog!